Saturday, June 8, 2013

DIY Seasalt Spray vs. Straight Hair

So, seasalt spray - it's a thing, now. It's supposed to give you beachy, mermaid-y hair.

Here's the challenge - me. My straight as a pin, fine hair.

Also, my el-cheapo tendencies.

So, I looked online for ratios to DIY some spray. Easy-peasy. 1 cup water, 2 tbls sea salt, 5-6 drops essential oil of choice (I used the oil mixture I came up with this spring that smells like an orange blossom). Shake and dig an empty spray bottle out of your trash (I used my L'Oreal Kids Tangle Tamer bottle - it smells like Sweet Pear!) and put the mixture in.

There are a bunch of different ways to use it, (wet hair, dry hair, braid it, blow-dry it, etc.) but basically, you spray it in and let it dry. 

So, I dried, sprayed, and let dry.

Verdict?  It's... Wavy. Not as much as I'd like, but you know. You take what you can get.  Also, my scalp doesn't feel icky.

What's more interesting is the texture.  Gritty, a little thicker than normal.  When (if) my hair gets longer, this is a definite benefit when I want to pull it up/back. My hair moves, it's got some hold, and more body and texture.

Is it a miracle working product?  Nope.  But I dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment