Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hair? Hair! Hair.

I don't have good hair. Like, in high school, I never was able to do all the stuff that other girls seemed to instinctively know how to do. Not only that, but it's nice and glossy, but fine - which means not thick and luxurious. Those fine strands work with my greasy skin to transport oil all throughout my hair. Hairdressers never fail to remark on how healthy it is, but it means daily washings, so I never get to experience this mythical second-day hair I've heard of that's supposed to be amazing.

Also, I have horrible dandruff that I just barely keep control of. Sort of control of. I think it's eczema or psoriasis, but I haven't been to a dermatologist - though you should see the dry spots on my back! That's a whole story unto itself.

I digress. I have bad hair. When it's too long, it hugs my head like a lycra body suit. When I bob it, my cheeks take over my face like a giant growth. 

And now - oh, gosh, what have I done!?! - I have fried and dried ends from an experiment in purple hombre. I kind of like it, but my fine hair feels like a toothbrush that was used for a year without being changed.

So, I need a haircut, obviously. 

Also, I'm growing out my bangs.  Or I'm going to trim them.  But summer's coming and greasy bangs (should I call them fringe?) are greasy.  I don't know.

I know there are more important issues in the world, and even in my life, but I'm obsessing over my hair.

Slightly grown-out bob and fringe/bangs:

 
Shoulder-length, no fringe:

 
Grow it, cut it, bang it, shave it, I don't know. 
 
 
BTW - if anyone ever wants to do a purple hombre, it actually comes out very subtle on dark hair and washes out like an over-exposed photo.  Which then makes the demarcation of the bleached and unbleached less subtle and more like roots, which is what Willam Belli says is what an hombre is in a lower tax bracket (paraphrasing!).
 
Oh, and if you don't know Willam, then you should probably Google.  And watch RuPaul's Drag Race.  Which is also another story.  But watch it and watch Willam's Beatdown on YouTube.  For reals.

No comments:

Post a Comment